Saturday 20 December 2014

Lame Apology………..AGAIN! By WhoisColleenLynn

Lame Apology………..AGAIN!

By 
DBO
On December 5,2014 during a SiriusXM radio broadcast from the Star 109 channel Dr. Laura Schlessinger was recorded saying  that she was “shocked” that a local pet shelter was full of pit bulls and called them a “waste of space.” Dr. Laura then went on to say the dogs should be put down.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1689081/dr-laura-says-pit-bulls-are-waste-of-space-at-shelter-and-should-be-put-down/#WDpMiooT3XKxmASG.99
This statement outrage MANY Pit Bull supporters who took the the internet and voiced their opinions to Dr. Laura and her sponsors. I also voiced my opinion since I am a Pit Bull owner and a SIRIUSXM subscriber. After researching the Dr. a little further, I was appalled to find out this isn’t her first rodeo with controversy, no sir not at all.
Back in 2010 during a radio show Dr. Laura was recorded using the “n-word” numerous times with a female black caller.
CALLER: Is it OK to say that word? Is it ever OK to say that word?
DR. LAURA: It depends how it’s said. Black guys talking to each other seem to think it’s ok.
CALLER: But you’re not black, they’re not black, my husband is white.
DR. LAURA: Oh, I see, so a word is restricted to race. Got it. Can’t do much about that.
CALLER: I can’t believe someone like you is on the radio spewing out the n-word, and I hope everybody heard it.
DR. LAURA: I didn’t spew out the n-word!
CALLER: You said “nigger, nigger, nigger,” and I hope everybody heard it.
DR. LAURA: Yes they did, and I’ll say it again: nigger, nigger, nigger is what you hear on HBO.
[Crosstalk]
DR. LAURA: Why don’t you let me finish a sentence? Don’t take things out of context. Don’t NAACP me, leave them in context.
Sure Dr. Laura made an apology the next day, but the fact of the matter is, she said it, on the radio. After that incident Dr. Laura moved to satellite radio where she claimed she wanted to be able to say what’s on her mind, under her First Amendment rights.
Fast forward to this week, while broadcasting on SiriusXM, Dr. Laura under her First Amendment Right speaks about Pit Bulls. How ironic that we now have an apology, from Dr. Laura after she read some of her emails. Something tells me it wasn’t just the emails that made the Dr. apologize. Something tells me it was the sponsors that provide an outlet for the Dr. to speak. Below is Dr. Laura’s attempt at an apology. Dr. Laura apologizes for “causing any pit bull owner/fancier any distress”. But does Dr. Laura still feel that all pit bulls “should be put down?. If the answer is YES, then keep your apology as I continue to utilize my First Amendment right and email and call her sponsors.
DBO
Distress?

No comments:

Post a Comment